Saturday 30 August 2008

Clattercote not quite as good at the weekend?

Clattercote walkway

I just walked around Clattercote reservoir at about 4pm to see how busy it got at the weekends compared to during the week. The sun was out so I thought that it would be really busy. There were quite a few people fishing but I expected there to be less room to fish but there must have been 70 or 80 spare pegs.

Nearly everyone I spoke to was having quite a hard time of it. Not many bites and not many fish. I only saw one fish caught which was a tench pictured below:

images of a Tench caught at Clattercote Reservoir

I did see one person completely miss a fish off of the surface, but apart from that everyone seemed pretty down hearted. It seems that both the mornings and the evenings are definately best at the minute.

Bailiff : 07740 534 892
For match bookings: 01908 302556
Peg availability 24 hour information line: 0113 281 6895

No comments: