Monday 1 September 2008

A short session at a windy Clattercote Reservoir

I visited Clattercote Reservoir for a really short fishing session today. I arrived at about 16.00 and left at 17.30.

The wind was blowing like mad towards the dam end and the sky was very overcast with the likelihood of rain at any minute, so I decided to fish peg 9, possibly because I didn't have a brolly and wouldn't have far to run! I decided just to set up one rod and fished on the method feeder, using some Bait-Tech Special G Groundbait mixed in with a tin of tuna and some sugar puffs.

I fished about 40 foot out straight infront of the peg. I received my run after about 20 minutes and ended up landing a common carp of about 8lbs. It didn't fight anywhere near as much as the carp I had previously caught at Clattercote down the other end of the reservoir, maybe this was just due to the water depth, I don't really know.

After this common carp, I didn't get anymore bites, but it's nice to know that you can fish a short session at Clattercote and still catch a carp.

Tackle:
Kobra small flat carp feeder with 8/10 elastic

Rod:
Ron Thompson Zensorflex Carp Rod

Bait:
15mm Pineapple Plus Birdfood Boilies by Dynamite Baits

Bait-Tech Special G Groundbait

No comments: